National Endometriosis Awareness Month – 5 simple ways to show your support
Endometriosis or Endo is a disorder causing severe pelvic pain and (associated with) in-fertility that affects about 5.5 million women in North America and 5-10% of women globally. It is caused when the lining of womb attaches itself to ovaries and other structures outside the womb. There is no cure for endometriosis but there a few promising treatments options available.
March is the National Endometriosis Awareness Month and lets do our part to help raise public awareness and support the efforts to find a cure for this disease
- Read about Diana Wallis’s mission to raise the awareness. Diana is a survivor and a real hero decidated to the sole mission of raising awareness of Endo. She is a VP of European Parliament. She also writes a blog about her daily efforts to prepare herself for the London Marathon on April 26th.
- Artists for Endometriosis Event for fundraising and awareness on March 7 2009. Add their FaceBook App.
- If you are patient, there are several local support groups across the world that you can join.
- On TrialX, we provide a listing of on-going endometriosis treatment clinical trials in the US and Canada. If you run a blog or website, show your support for Endometriosis by embedding this small widget.
- We know you love Google but use this link GoodSearch.org for web search (and bookmark it!). They donate to Endometriosis Association every time you make a search on their site.
Lets just not stop after this March but continue each month by month and day by day to raise awareness and help find a cure for endometriosis.