5 Tips for How to Have a Truly Happy Thanksgiving
This week many of us will enjoy time with family, friends, relaxing, and of course, eating. I wanted to share with you some insights I’ve gained during my past 34 years enjoying and at times enduring the Thanksgiving holiday.
- Don’t sweat the small stuff. Everyone expresses love and joy in different ways. Understand that an uncle’s grilling you on your jobs, or an aunt’s questions about your hair is just their way of saying “I love you.”
- Don’t indulge. Eat until you are full, and don’t over-indulge, you will just feel crappy afterwards and put on weight you didn’t need to put on.
- Bring or create fun activities that the whole family can participate in and enjoy. For example, my family enjoys an annual game of kick ball and everyone, even the older parents join in to the fun. We also have a jam session where all who are musically inclined head to my cousin’s recording studio and crank out some rocking tunes!
- RELAX. Have fun. Be with your family and friends, and really listen to what the other has to say. Be truly thankful for all the people that love and care for you.
- Spend time with the little ones, they grow up so fast.
It is so hard to believe 2011 is almost over. Thanks everyone for your readership and support and have a wonderful and happy Thanksgiving!