Anastacia raises breast cancer awareness and importance of Mammography!
Anastacia, an American singer-songwriter was diagnosed with breast cancer during a routine mammogram in 2003. After undergoing surgery and radiotherapy, Anastacia set up the Anastacia Fund in partnership with Estée Lauder to promote awareness of breast cancer and the importance of mammograms for women under the age of 35. Breast cancer is a cancer that originates in the tissue of the breast. It can be treated by radiation, chemotherapy or surgery. There are 400 linical trials for breast cancer currently active in the US, some of them being:
- Determine response to cisplatin chemotherapy
- Genetic testing and predicting response to paclitaxel
- Combination Chemotherapy and Bevacizumab in Treating Women With HER2/Neu-Negative Stage II
- Tipifarnib and combination chemotherapy for stage II cancer
- Effect of adding bevacizumab to chemotherapy plus trastuzumab
You can search these research studies by doctors conducting these clinical trials or by treatments including Radiation therapy, Trastuzumab, Cyclophosphamide. The following blogs are also recommended for breast cancer patients:
- Book On Cancer, Patients, Survivors. Biography of Cancer By Siddhartha Mukherjee, MD
- Benefit of Chemotherapy Over Best Supportive Care in Metastatic and Squamous Cell-type Esophageal Cancer
- Elizabeth Edwards losing battle with breast cancer, but not without a fight!
- The Right Diet and Foods for Cancer Patients, Particularly During Treatment
- Jane Fonda acts immediately to defeat Breast Cancer after diagnosis!
- Susan Komen’s “I like it” Breast Cancer Awareness Campaign and Clinical Trials
- Kylie Minogue beat breast cancer, you can too!
Symptoms of breast cancer may include breast lump or lump in the armpit, breast pain, change in the size or shape of the breast, fluid discharge from the nipple, skin ulcers and weight loss. These symptoms may or may not occur during early stages of breast cancer, precisely why it is very important to undergo regular breast tests.
Anastacia has used her struggles with breast cancer as an inspiration for her third album. While creating the album, she lost her powerful voice (she is known as “The Little Lady with The Big Voice”) and thus spent a long time writing and trying to create a sound she would be happy with. She has gone on to become highly successful around the world, selling over 20 million records. She has also been involved in several breast cancer related charity events through her Anastacia Fund.
We applaud Anastacia’s efforts to fight and raise awareness of breast cancer!