What is Faropenem (SF)?
Faropenem belongs to category of antibiotics drugs. Faropenem is a type of beta-lactams.
It is an oral penem / betalactam antibiotic with antibacterial activity against both aerobic and anerobic gram positive and gram negative bacteria. Faropenem is an orally-active beta-lac tam antibiotic belonging to the penem group. It is resistant to some forms of extended-spectrum beta-lactamase. This drug is commonly sold as Brand Name SF.
Indication/Contraindication for use of Faropenem (SF)
- Administered orally.
- Lower respiratory tract infections, ENT infections, and genitourinary infections Hypersensitivity to Faropenem and other beta lac tams.
Side Effects of Faropenem (SF)
Diarrhea, abdominal pain, loose bowel movement, nausea, and rash are the most frequent adverse effects.
Dosage and Prescribing Information for Faropenem (SF)
200mg tid can be increased to 300mg tid. Upper respiratory tract infections, skin and skin structure infections, and gynaecological infections : 150mg tid can be increased to 200mg tid.
Drug Interactions of Faropenem (SF)
Imipenem, cilastatin, furosemide, sodium valporate.
Precautions while prescribing Faropenem (SF)
- Lactation : Use with caution.
- Padiatrics : Safety in infant has not been established.
- Geriatrics : Start with a dose of 150mg.
- Pregnancy Safety has not been established.
- Stop the medicine if diarrhea and loose bowel movement occur Patient with family history of atopy.