Featured Blog Posts
- Multiple Myeloma meets Star Wars! Will nanoparticles one day find, then kill myeloma cells, and provide the CURE? Listen to the rebroadcast of this June 11th Cure Panel to find out more about exciting new developments in nanotechnology for cancer.
The Cure Panel Talk Show which featured Dr. Anil K. Patri who is Deputy Director at Nanotechnology Characterization Laboratory (NCL) at the National Cancer Institute. Dr. Patri discussing “Nanotechnology in Oncology”. Now that the broadcast has aired you can listen to the a rebroad [...]
- Improve your own Multiple Myeloma Life Expectancy – Exercise (30 minutes a day keeps the Myeloma at Bay)!!!
Pat Killingsworth has just completed a three part series that Danny Parker authored on the benefits of exercise on myeloma life expectancy, survival rate, and the probability of relapse. I have found little data myself on the impacts of survival for blood and bone diseases like multiple myeloma, but Danny has gotten down into the nitty gritty of the impact of exercise on the biology of multi [...]
- Multiple Myeloma Support Groups SAVE LIFE and improve life expectancy – None in your area! You can now join the Cure Panel on line Support Group !
I have written in the past that one of the best things your could do is to become your own best advocate, and that knowledge is Power and can SAVE LIFE for the multiple myeloma patient. Support Group membership is one of the key ways to obtain this knowledge, and I wrote a blog post called, [...]
- Multiple Myeloma Survival Rates FINALLY Show the Improvement we had hoped and prayed for!!!!!
I must apologize for the tone of my last post about the new data from The National Cancer Institute. They had updated the SEER data on 4/24/13, and the average life expectancy remained at 4 years, and I had expressed disappointment and understated the most important finding in the data. That finding was that the first year survival rate had taken a significant leap forward with an improvement of 19% o [...]
- Multiple Myeloma CURE without TRANSPLANT? – Dr. Berenson dropped a BOMB!!
- Superior Multiple Myeloma Survival without Transplant - The Cure Panel broadcast by Dr. Berenson is now available online!
To quote Priya Menon of Cure Talk “Dr. Berenson’s broadcast was WONDERFUL!” Pat Killingsworth (author, MM advocate, and panel member) said, “Very impressive! Not often real news breaks during these things. EXCELLENT!” I could not agree more. You can listen to this can’t miss broadcast by just clicking on the link: [...]
- THANKSGIVING – Make it a Part of Everyday Behavior
With the excitement and brouhaha of Thanksgiving having just got over, I have always wondered would it not be wonderful to have this sense of gratitude every single day and not just be reserved for one day of the year? Oh, I know this makes me sound terribly old fashioned and so very boring, [...]
- Gary Petersen: MyelomaSurvival.com has added a listing of Multiple Myeloma Specialists
The mission of www.myelomasurvival.com is to provide the myeloma patient community with survival rate and life expectancy data by specialist and hospital. The belief being this will provide patients to find the best possible information for them to make informed data driven care decisions. We have historically not listed doctors who have not submitted or published there data. Some well respected myeloma speicallists [...]
- 6 Thanksgiving Meal Options: Vegetarian, Delicious, and Healthy
Vegetarian by choice, but still would like a filling and sumptuous thanksgiving meal? Yes, of course that is possible. Being vegetarian is not only a healthier lifestyle option, but it is also a great way to keep the weighing scales in check. Here are some of the meatless Thanksgiving meal options, which include [...]
- Ketamine for Depression Relief Instantly, Most Important Discovery In 50 Years
Perhaps one of the most significant discoveries to be made in the field of mental health medicine in more than 50 years is the almost instantaneous positive effect of ketamine, often referred to as the ‘club drug’ (a favorite at rave parties) on patients suffering from depression. The latest advance has recently been published in [...]