Featured Blog Posts
- Tom Brokow has Multiple Myeloma - The Skin Cancer? No! The Blood Plasma Cell Cancer Where 1 in 5 Patients Die in The First 60 days! Myeloma GETS NO RESPECT!
- Improved Multiple Myeloma Life Expectancy in FIVE IMPORTANT STEPS
- Multiple Myeloma – Why Do People Beat the Average Myeloma Life Expectancy Prognosis? Or How To Improve Your Mulitple Myeloma Survival Rate!
I published on this subject more than a year ago, and it has been very helpful to many in the myeloma patient community. I have provided some updates and hope that it helps to assist you in your myeloma journey. [...]
- What is Your Multiple Myeloma Prognosis or Life Expectancy?? NO ONE KNOWS! But ….
Which way do we GO?? [...]
- October provides a ONE, TWO punch in Multiple Myeloma Survival and Life Expectancy
The myeloma patient community definitely has two excellent programs coming in Octorber. First we have Dr. Paul Richardson, the Clinical Director, Multiple Myeloma for the Dana Farber Cancer Institute. That Topic will be ”To Transplant or not to Transplant, That is the Question?” The second is the October Multiple Myeloma Support Group meeting which will feature Dr. Craig Hofmeister, assistant [...]
- The Allogeneic Transplant in Multiple Myeloma – Dr. Ravi VIj provided a FAIR and BALANCED review of the Allogeneic Transplant in Myeloma Treatment.
The Cure Panel broadcast of August 21 is now available if you CLICK HERE! Dr. Ravi Vij, a skilled multiple myeloma expert from Washington University, was one of two featured speakers. Dr. Vij is Associate Professor of Department of Medicine, [...]
- Beat the Multiple Myeloma Life Expectancy Prognosis – How to Educate Yourself by Jenny Ahlstrom and Gary Petersen
We have talked about the two most important things that a patient needs to do to improve their survival prognosis, 1) having a multiple myeloma specialist on their team and 2) obtaining an education about multiple myeloma and becoming your own best advocate. This web site has spent most of its efforts on providing the myeloma patient community with survival information and a listing of national and international [...]
- Multiple Myeloma Life Expectancy – The Allo, Is it a Cure or just a very Risky Treatment of Last Resort
***You can listen to a comprehensive Cure Panel discussion of the Pros and Cons of the Allogenic Stem Cell Transplant presented by Dr. Ravi Vij of the Washington University. You can listen if you just CLICK HERE.*** [...]
- Multiple Myeloma Survival in India by Priya Menon and Gary Petersen
India has 1.24 billion people, or a population that is nearly 4 times greater than the USA. The USA has nearly 22,000 newly diagnosed patients with multiple myeloma, and the best information I could find is that each year 16,000 are newly diagnosed in India. This would indicate that the incidence rate in India is much lower than that in the US. I have not found a good explanation for this signi [...]
- Multiple Myeloma Survival – Please remember to LIVE!
Sorry friends for the absence, but I have been entirely too busy living, and have not been thinking much about Multiple Myeloma or this web site. This has raised a question in my mind that maybe we all need to remember to just LIVE our lives and somehow leave Multiple Myeloma in the back of our minds, if at all possible. This is so easy to say but much harder to do. We recently moved to Atanti [...]