Featured Blog Posts
- Multiple Myeloma Survival – Please remember to LIVE!
Sorry friends for the absence, but I have been entirely too busy living, and have not been thinking much about Multiple Myeloma or this web site. This has raised a question in my mind that maybe we all need to remember to just LIVE our lives and somehow leave Multiple Myeloma in the back of our minds, if at all possible. This is so easy to say but much harder to do. We recently moved to Atanti [...]
- Multiple Myeloma meets Star Wars! Will nanoparticles one day find, then kill myeloma cells, and provide the CURE? Listen to the rebroadcast of this June 11th Cure Panel to find out more about exciting new developments in nanotechnology for cancer.
The Cure Panel Talk Show which featured Dr. Anil K. Patri who is Deputy Director at Nanotechnology Characterization Laboratory (NCL) at the National Cancer Institute. Dr. Patri discussing “Nanotechnology in Oncology”. Now that the broadcast has aired you can listen to the a rebroad [...]
- Improve your own Multiple Myeloma Life Expectancy – Exercise (30 minutes a day keeps the Myeloma at Bay)!!!
Pat Killingsworth has just completed a three part series that Danny Parker authored on the benefits of exercise on myeloma life expectancy, survival rate, and the probability of relapse. I have found little data myself on the impacts of survival for blood and bone diseases like multiple myeloma, but Danny has gotten down into the nitty gritty of the impact of exercise on the biology of multi [...]
- Multiple Myeloma Support Groups SAVE LIFE and improve life expectancy – None in your area! You can now join the Cure Panel on line Support Group !
I have written in the past that one of the best things your could do is to become your own best advocate, and that knowledge is Power and can SAVE LIFE for the multiple myeloma patient. Support Group membership is one of the key ways to obtain this knowledge, and I wrote a blog post called, [...]
- Multiple Myeloma Survival Rates FINALLY Show the Improvement we had hoped and prayed for!!!!!
I must apologize for the tone of my last post about the new data from The National Cancer Institute. They had updated the SEER data on 4/24/13, and the average life expectancy remained at 4 years, and I had expressed disappointment and understated the most important finding in the data. That finding was that the first year survival rate had taken a significant leap forward with an improvement of 19% o [...]
- Keith Virgin Shares Myeloma Clinical Trial (SWOG 120) Experience with CureTalk
Keith is a multiple myeloma survivor, being treated at the UAMS-Myeloma Institute for Research and Therapy. We recently caught up with Keith and shared his myeloma story on CureTalk. If you missed it, click here for Keith’s myeloma experience. Keith is part of a clinical trial and here we discuss the trial, and experience with [...]
- Myeloma Prognosis Superior For Young– Better Life Expectancy and Survival Rates,Gary Petersen
Gary Petersen, editor of myelomasurvival.com, and Cure Panelist discusses data from an NHS study which shows survival rates of patients in relation to their age. Multiple Myeloma – The younger you are, the better the prognosis! A much improved life expectancy and survival rate! 10/16/2012 One of the fundamental understandings of multiple myeloma is [...]
- Myeloma Cure ‘OR’ Control Debate Heats Up, Gary Petersen’s Views
As the countdown for our Myeloma Cure Panel, scheduled for the 29thof October 2012, begins, the topic of panel discussion, Myeloma Cure vs. Control, is already initiating opinions. Editor of myelomasurvial.com and Myeloma Cure Panel panelist, Gary Petersen writes that, ‘cure or control is a matter of choice’ and is one and the same thing. [...]
- ‘First Remission is the Best Remission’, Dr. Parameswaran Hari On Myeloma and Treatment of Relapse: Myeloma Cure Panel Highlights Part 2
Continuing with Dr. Hari’s talk on Myeloma Cure Panel… (Click here for Part 1) Dr. Hari feels that the first remission is the best remission and patients should be treated aggressively to keep the disease from progressing in order to enjoy a longer first remission. He goes on to speak about stringent complete remission or [...]
- Myeloma Cure Panel Highlights: Dr. Parameswaran Hari Talks On Multiple Myeloma Disease Progression and Treatment – Part 1
Dr. Parameswaran Hari was the myeloma expert on the recently broadcast myeloma cure panel. Dr. Hari spoke in detail about myeloma disease progression and provided panelists and listeners with graphic details of the condition. Click here to listen to the Myeloma Cure Panel broadcast. The web panel discussion began with Dr. Hari responding to co-host [...]