Featured Blog Posts
- Multiple Myeloma Survival – Please remember to LIVE!
Sorry friends for the absence, but I have been entirely too busy living, and have not been thinking much about Multiple Myeloma or this web site. This has raised a question in my mind that maybe we all need to remember to just LIVE our lives and somehow leave Multiple Myeloma in the back of our minds, if at all possible. This is so easy to say but much harder to do. We recently moved to Atanti [...]
- How To Access Cure Panel Talk Show Broadcasts
Cure Panel Talk Shows are broadcast live on BlogTalkRadio. Anyone from anywhere in the world can access these shows using a telephone or a computer. 1) Dial-in Using your Phone: If you want to be among the first 50 who register for the event and be able to ask a question live on the show [...]
- Multiple Myeloma meets Star Wars! Will nanoparticles one day find, then kill myeloma cells, and provide the CURE? Listen to the rebroadcast of this June 11th Cure Panel to find out more about exciting new developments in nanotechnology for cancer.
The Cure Panel Talk Show which featured Dr. Anil K. Patri who is Deputy Director at Nanotechnology Characterization Laboratory (NCL) at the National Cancer Institute. Dr. Patri discussing “Nanotechnology in Oncology”. Now that the broadcast has aired you can listen to the a rebroad [...]
- Improve your own Multiple Myeloma Life Expectancy – Exercise (30 minutes a day keeps the Myeloma at Bay)!!!
Pat Killingsworth has just completed a three part series that Danny Parker authored on the benefits of exercise on myeloma life expectancy, survival rate, and the probability of relapse. I have found little data myself on the impacts of survival for blood and bone diseases like multiple myeloma, but Danny has gotten down into the nitty gritty of the impact of exercise on the biology of multi [...]
- Multiple Myeloma Support Groups SAVE LIFE and improve life expectancy – None in your area! You can now join the Cure Panel on line Support Group !
I have written in the past that one of the best things your could do is to become your own best advocate, and that knowledge is Power and can SAVE LIFE for the multiple myeloma patient. Support Group membership is one of the key ways to obtain this knowledge, and I wrote a blog post called, [...]
- Multiple Myeloma Survival Rates FINALLY Show the Improvement we had hoped and prayed for!!!!!
I must apologize for the tone of my last post about the new data from The National Cancer Institute. They had updated the SEER data on 4/24/13, and the average life expectancy remained at 4 years, and I had expressed disappointment and understated the most important finding in the data. That finding was that the first year survival rate had taken a significant leap forward with an improvement of 19% o [...]
- ASH 2012 Highlights From Doctors and Patients: Leukemia Cure, Pomalidomide, MLN 9708…
ASH 2012 brought to fore many new drugs that look promising. The highlight of the event was the leukemia cure by Dr. Carl June, where patient’s genetically manipulated T-cells initiated an immune response against her cancer cells bringing about complete remission. The research has rekindled hope for a complete remission in aggressive forms of leukemia [...]
- Multiple Myeloma CURE without TRANSPLANT? – Dr. Berenson dropped a BOMB!!
- Superior Multiple Myeloma Survival without Transplant - The Cure Panel broadcast by Dr. Berenson is now available online!
To quote Priya Menon of Cure Talk “Dr. Berenson’s broadcast was WONDERFUL!” Pat Killingsworth (author, MM advocate, and panel member) said, “Very impressive! Not often real news breaks during these things. EXCELLENT!” I could not agree more. You can listen to this can’t miss broadcast by just clicking on the link: [...]
- Top 10 Selling Flu Vaccines 2012! – Gearing up for the Flu Vaccine Season
Does the title surprise you in any way? I was genuinely surprised when I came across the title, Top 10 Selling Flu Vaccine 2012 on Fiercevaccines.com. At first glance, I presumed that I had read it wrong, but there it was, Flu Vaccine! It stood as the best example of the commercialization of medicines [...]