Featured Blog Posts
- ASH 2012 Highlights From Doctors and Patients: Leukemia Cure, Pomalidomide, MLN 9708…
ASH 2012 brought to fore many new drugs that look promising. The highlight of the event was the leukemia cure by Dr. Carl June, where patient’s genetically manipulated T-cells initiated an immune response against her cancer cells bringing about complete remission. The research has rekindled hope for a complete remission in aggressive forms of leukemia [...]
- Multiple Myeloma CURE without TRANSPLANT? – Dr. Berenson dropped a BOMB!!
- Superior Multiple Myeloma Survival without Transplant - The Cure Panel broadcast by Dr. Berenson is now available online!
To quote Priya Menon of Cure Talk “Dr. Berenson’s broadcast was WONDERFUL!” Pat Killingsworth (author, MM advocate, and panel member) said, “Very impressive! Not often real news breaks during these things. EXCELLENT!” I could not agree more. You can listen to this can’t miss broadcast by just clicking on the link: [...]
- Top 10 Selling Flu Vaccines 2012! – Gearing up for the Flu Vaccine Season
Does the title surprise you in any way? I was genuinely surprised when I came across the title, Top 10 Selling Flu Vaccine 2012 on Fiercevaccines.com. At first glance, I presumed that I had read it wrong, but there it was, Flu Vaccine! It stood as the best example of the commercialization of medicines [...]
- THANKSGIVING – Make it a Part of Everyday Behavior
With the excitement and brouhaha of Thanksgiving having just got over, I have always wondered would it not be wonderful to have this sense of gratitude every single day and not just be reserved for one day of the year? Oh, I know this makes me sound terribly old fashioned and so very boring, [...]
- Gary Petersen: MyelomaSurvival.com has added a listing of Multiple Myeloma Specialists
The mission of www.myelomasurvival.com is to provide the myeloma patient community with survival rate and life expectancy data by specialist and hospital. The belief being this will provide patients to find the best possible information for them to make informed data driven care decisions. We have historically not listed doctors who have not submitted or published there data. Some well respected myeloma speicallists [...]
- Top 10 Medical Innovations for 2013 by Cleveland Clinic
I have wanted to share this list of best medical innovations for 2013 released by Cleveland Clinic at the beginning of this month for quite some time. The list is based on latest research and is voted for by physicians and researchers at the clinic from among 250 ideas submitted by their colleagues. The main [...]
- The CureTalk Weekly Round Up : Myeloma Cure Panel, Glioma Treatments, Microvesicle Detections, Heart Health and more…
We had a wonderful week which began with the return of President Obama to office. And I hope all our readers had a bright and safe Diwali. Well, we have been writing plenty and following some very interesting news and research. We bring a round up of last week here.
- 6 Thanksgiving Meal Options: Vegetarian, Delicious, and Healthy
Vegetarian by choice, but still would like a filling and sumptuous thanksgiving meal? Yes, of course that is possible. Being vegetarian is not only a healthier lifestyle option, but it is also a great way to keep the weighing scales in check. Here are some of the meatless Thanksgiving meal options, which include [...]
- Keith Virgin Shares Myeloma Clinical Trial (SWOG 120) Experience with CureTalk
Keith is a multiple myeloma survivor, being treated at the UAMS-Myeloma Institute for Research and Therapy. We recently caught up with Keith and shared his myeloma story on CureTalk. If you missed it, click here for Keith’s myeloma experience. Keith is part of a clinical trial and here we discuss the trial, and experience with [...]