Lung cancer kills over 160,000 Americans every year. There are quite a few non-profit lung cancer advocacy groups in America that can help patients as well as motivate the cause of lung cancer to develop research in the field. I have tried to compile a list of 10 lung cancer non-profit organizations for the readers…
- Betty R. May Foundation (http://www.brmay.org/) – The organization provides holistic care to those suffering from lung cancer. Located in Michigan, the organization caters to the needs of the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of the patient. They conduct workshops, community education, support services, and provide information about lung cancer.
- Lung Cancer Alliance (www.lungcanceralliance.org) – The non-profit organization is dedicated to advocating lung cancer patients. Their goal is to spread awareness about lung cancer and bring about a reduction in the stigma associated with the disease. In addition, they offer support programs, patient education and even help people directly.
- Lung Cancer Circle of Hope (http://www.lungcancercircleofhope.org/) – Located in New Jersey, the organization hopes to eradicate myths surrounding lung cancer. They spread awareness about lung cancer through educational programs and working closely with public policy makers.
- Joan Gaeta Lung Cancer Foundation (www.jglcf.org) – The non-profit is committed to raise public awareness of lung cancer and educate public. They act as advocates for lung cancer research. The organization is located in Georgia.
- Bonnie J. Addario Lung Cancer Foundation (www.thelungcancerfoundation.org) – This is the largest non-profit dedicated to eradicating lung cancer. The BJALCF works with various diverse groups of organizations, individuals, and physicians to further research, early detection, prevention, and treatment.
- Thomas G. Labrecque Foundation (www.tglclassic.com) – Founded in 2002, the organization aims to increase lung cancer awareness through runs, walks and get funding for research and finding a cure for lung cancer.
- Addi’s Cure (www.addiscure.org) – Named after their daughter, Bo and Christi Johnson started this non-profit organization. The organization looks to improve lung cancer research and education.
- Brittany’s Battle (http://www.brittanysbattle.org/) – Started in honor of Brittany Elizabeth Coppedge, who lost her cancer battle at the young age of 19, the organization provides support to families, raises money for the cause. The organization has its office in North Carolina.
- Gianni Ferrarotti Lung Cancer Foundation (www.Gianniscause.org) – Located in Michigan, the GFLCF, was founded in 2004, and aimed at funding lung cancer research.
- Stupid Cancer I’m Too Young For This! Cancer Foundation (http://stupidcancer.com/) – This is a non-profit organization that helps young adults affected with cancer through innovative awards and services. They are the nation’s largest support community for young adults with cancer.
The list of non-profit organizations that are tirelessly fighting the cause of lung cancer awareness and research is not limited to the list above.
- List of Pancreatic Cancer Foundations, Charities And Advocacy Groups
- List of Prostate Cancer Foundations, Charities and Advocacy Groups
- List Of Kidney Cancer Foundations, Charities And Advocacy Groups
- 10 Lung Cancer Organizations In America
- Patient Advocacy Groups for Multiple Myeloma (such as MMRF, IMF)