Lung Cancer kills more people than colon, prostate, and breast cancer combined. Many celebrities have suffered from lung cancer and passed away while fighting the disease. Some of them include,
Walt Disney – Walt Disney, the famous animator, voice actor, director, and the creator of Mickey Mouse had a large tumor in his left lung. By the time his cancer was detected it had spread to an extent that his entire left lung had to be removed. He expired in November 1966.
Dana Reeve – American singer and actor, she was the wife of Christopher Reeve. She had never smoked in her life, but was diagnosed with lung cancer in August 2005. Dana died at the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York City.
Peter Jennings – TV anchor and reporter, Jennings covered some big events in the latter part of the 20th century like the erection and the destruction of the Berlin Wall. Jennings was a heavy smoker and died of lung cancer in 2005 at the age of 67.
Yul Brynner – A well-known actor, famous for his character of Ramesses in the film, The Ten Commandments, Brynner contacted lung cancer due to his smoking habit. Brynner passed away in October in 1985. Before his death, he had left a message for the people asking them to quit smoking, which was used as a public announcement by the American Cancer Society.
Steve McQueen – Portraying the bad boy in films like, The Great Escape and Bullitt, McQueen was a famous movie star. He contracted asbestos-related lung cancer and succumbed to the same in 1980.
This deadly disease has taken great personalities away and many more people are in its deathly hold. New research and the tireless efforts of non-profit and advocacy groups, keeps hope burning in the hearts of many.
- Cisplatin or Carboplatin and Etoposide With or Without Sunitinib in Treating Patients With Extensive-Stage Small Cell Lung Cancer
- Cisplatin + Etoposide +/- Concurrent ZD6474 in Previously Untreated Extensive Stage Small Cell Lung Cancer
- Carboplatin Pemetrexed and Panitumumab in Patients With Advanced Non-Squamous K-ras Wild Type NSCLC
- Carboplatin and Paclitaxel Albumin-Stabilized Nanoparticle Formulation Followed by Radiation Therapy and Erlotinib in Treating Patients With Stage III Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer That Cannot Be Removed By Surgery
- List of Lung Cancer Facts: Mortality, Incidence, Prevalence, and Causes
- Lung Cancer In Women Rising In UK: Cancer Research
- Lung Cancer Statistics – Number Of Deaths, New Cases, Incidence, Survival, And More
- 5 Lung Cancer Clinical Trials Currently Recruiting Participants
- John Wayne suffered from Lung Cancer