Continuing our posts on Yoga and its health benefits and Yoga Clinical Trials (as part of our series on Holistic Cures and Treatments), this post is about Supta Baddha Kona Asana (or the Supine Bound Angle pose) and infertility. This Yoga exercise, if done regularly can remarkably improve fertility issues among women.
The video explains in detail how to do a Supta Baddha Konasana.
Supta Baddha Konasana (Supine Bound Angle)
For this posture you need a yoga mat and a nice firm pillow. Here are the step-by-step instructions on how to get into this pose.
- Sit down bringing your feet together so that toes touch each other.
- Bring the pillow close to your back.
- Then begin to lie back so that the sShoulders and head rest comfortably on the pillow.
- Take your arms out to the side so that your palms face upward.
- Allow your knees to simply trap open.
- Now move your feet up towards your groin.
- When you begin to bring your feet up, your central nervous system begins to calm down.
- Remember, closer the feet come towards your groin, deeper is the stretch.
- Rather than pushing your knees to the floor, just imagine that your knees are floating up.
- Now allow your groin to settle deep into your pelvis.
- As the groin drops towards the floor, so will your knees.
Allow at least two minutes or you can stay in the same pose as long as you can and then begin to get up slowly.
How does this Yoga Pose Help?
This yoga pose helps to stretch the inner thigh and groin muscles and helps relieve stress, tension, mild bloating and discomfort associated with a medicated fertility cycle, IVF or even menstrual cramps.
This yoga posture can be followed by few other yoga poses to improve fertility and relieve stress among women.
- RCT of Fixed vs Titrated Letrozole in Breast Cancer Patient Undergoing IVF
- Aromatase Inhibitors in the Treatment of Male Infertility
- Pulsatile GnRH in Anovulatory Infertility
- Couples Therapy to Enhance Intimacy Between Patients With Advanced or Recurrent Prostate Cancer and Their Partners
- 7 YOGA Poses (Asanas) Helpful In Reducing Insomnia
- Yoga Nidra for Insomnia (Baba Ramdev’s Video, Yoga Poses and Clinical Trials)
- Treatment Of Scoliosis Through Exercises Including Yoga
- 40 Ways Yoga Heals Your Body (Clinical Explanations of Yoga’s Health Benefits)
- Pranayamas And Yoga Asanas For Childless Couples By Baba Ramdev