According to an article published in Reuters, the results of In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) Therapy are the same in hispanic women and white women.
The study by Dr. Robert Brzyski, a professor of obstetrics and gynecology at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, and his colleagues show:
- The success rate of pregnancy between hispanic women and non- hispanic whites is same using in-vitro Fertilization (IVF) therapy.
- Delivery rate was 77% for hispanic women and 91% for whites. Rest of the women had miscarriages.
- This is just by chance that the number of miscarriages in hispanic women was more than that in non- hispanic
- The reason for infertility in hispanic women was different from whites.
- Diagnosis of hispanic women showed damage to fallopian tubes, which led the eggs from ovaries to the uterus (tubal infertility), where as white women mostly had endometriosis, which is an abnormal growth of uterine cells.
- Most of the hispanics were Mexican- Americans.
A different study published in the journal “Fertility and Sterility” in 2010 by Dr. Victor Fujimoto at the University of California, San Francisco and his colleagues shows:
- Hispanic women’ s probability of having a baby after IVF was 13% less than non-hispanic Caucasian women.
- The IVF could help hispanic women and white women similarly.
- It was a very small scale study which included only 134 hispanic women, which might have limited the ability to detect success rate of IVF.
- This study is not contradictory with Bryski’s study.
Fujimoto also added that it was too soon to come to any conclusions about true differences of IVF therapy results in hispanic and non- hispanic white women.
The study by Dr. Bryski and Dr. Fujimoto show similar results yet more substantial data and investigations are necessary for coming to a conclusion.
- Gestational Diabetes In Pregnant Women – Correlation with High BMI
- Hormone Replacement Therapy: Updates from the Million Women Study Led by Prof. Valerie Beral
- Dr. Roger Lobo et al-Short Term Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) Is Safe For Most Women At The Time Of Menopause’
- Summary of Findings from Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) Women Healths Initiative Research Study
- The Benefits of White Tea