Eye Diseases occur in all countries and populations. Out of 180 million people who suffer from eye related problems, 45 million are blind. In most cities of the world, 8 to 10% children suffer from eye diseases.
As stated in the above video by Baba Ramdev (and as popularly knowns), eyes are often called the windows to one’s soul. The only time this organ gets rest is when we sleep. We work our eye muscles all the time but fail to exercise them. In this video, Baba Ramdev shows some easy ways to exercise your eyes and keep them healthy. He also mentions some Home Remedies to soothe and lubricate tired eyes.
Pranayams (Yoga Poses) for eye diseases
- Bhastrika Pranayam (Breath holding exercise)– 2 to 5 minutes.
- Kapalbhati Pranayam (Skull shining breath exercise).
- Bahya Pranayam (External breath exercise).
- Anuloma – Viloma Pranayama (Alternate nostril breathing exercise).
- Udgeeth Pranayama (“OM” chanting exercise).
- Agnisar Kriya (Contracting and Flapping of abdominal muscles exercise).
These Pranayams (Yoga Poses)are discussed in detail in the video above. Yoga helps to strengthen vision, relax, tone eye muscles and alleviate stress.
Natural Home Remedies for Eye Related Problems
- Eating green vegetables.
- Drinking more water.
- Washing eyes with cold water every morning.
- Avoid taking shower with hot water.
- Eating 1 spoon of Amla Churna (Indian Gooseberry Powder) daily.
- Putting drops of rose water in their eyes can be helpful for children.
These home-made solutions can be very helpful in getting rid of eye diseases including problems of the retina or cornea, double vision, and color blindness etc.
Instructions on how to take the above herbal medicines
- Take 1 kg (2.2 pounds) of Amla Churna (Indian Gooseberry Powder).
- Mix drops of Amla (Gooseberry water) in it and put it in sunlight.
- Do this procedure daily for 21 days.
- After 21 days the dried mixture will become Amalaki Rasayan (an ayurvedic medicine made out of Emblica officinalis).
- Mix 200 grams of Amalaki Rasayan with 20 grams of Saptamrit Lauh and 10 grams of Muktasukti Bhasma (which are both ayurvedic medicines available in the market).
- If a person has some serious eye problem, thean 5 grams of Moti Pishti (another ayurvedic product available in the market) can be mixed to the earlier mixture.
- Take 1 spoon of material twice a day for best treatment results.
Medicine to wash eyes
- Take Harad (Black Myroblan), Amla (Indian Gooseberry) and Baheda (Terminalia Belerica) and grind them together.
- Put 1 spoon of this mixture in a glass of water.
- Wash your eyes with that water on next day.
Baba Ramdev provides a good solution for eye diseases. If adopted, eye problems can be removed easily. Nevertheless, it is advisable to consult your physician prior to beginning with any new eye related treatment.
- Trial of Rituximab for Graves' Ophthalmopathy
- Pilot Study of a Homeopathic Therapy in Combination With Cyclosporin (Restasis) in the Treatment of Dry Eye Disease
- Safety and Tolerability Study of AAV2-sFLT01 in Patients With Neovascular Age-Related Macular Degeneration (AMD)
- Immune Responses to Antigens in Non-infectious Eye Inflammatory Diseases
- Yoga Nidra for Insomnia (Baba Ramdev’s Video, Yoga Poses and Clinical Trials)
- 7 YOGA Poses (Asanas) Helpful In Reducing Insomnia
- Naturopathy (Nature Cure) – Method and Practice
- Cure Talk Interview with Beth Harper, CCO of Centerphase Solutions
- Clinical Trials for Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD) Treatments