Olive Garden’s Pennies for Pasta fundraising campaign recently scoped up over 8 million donated dollars to support the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (which includes support for Multiple Myeloma). In just three short weeks, grades 1 – 12 from participating schools from all over the US put spare change into jars that sat inside of their classrooms. Classrooms who raised the most money were awarded with a pasta lunch from The Olive Garden.
Top schools raised over 20,000 dollars!
Collectively, participating schools in South Central Texas raised nearly a million dollars!
John Walter, President and CEO of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society said:
“We are grateful for the outpouring of generosity that made this year’s Olive Garden Pasta for Pennies campaign a record-breaking success. It’s through the hard work of our student participants and partners like Olive Garden that we can collect the funds we need to work toward a cure to end blood cancers.” 
This is an incredible victory. 8 million in spare change to support cancer research and a potential pasta lunch as motivation illuminates the immense generosity that is deep within the heart of this country. If you think your school might be interested in participating in Pennies for Pasta, here is the information:
School & Youth Programs
This in-school program reaches more than 15 million children (ages 4-18) and their parents. We’re in more than 19,000 schools across the country, involving over 625,000 teachers and school administrators. For more information, visit School & Youth Programs.
Olive Garden is a sponsor of School & Youth Programs.
Contact us at email@example.com
P.S: If you are looking to find clinical trials of Myeloma then you can use the MMRF Patient Navigator clinical trials search tool powered by TrialX
- Acetylon Pharmaceuticals’ new drug ACY-1215 for Multiple Myeloma
- Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation (MMRF) and Astellas Pharma Global Development Enter Joint Collaboration to Accelerate Multiple Myeloma Drug Development
- 8th Annual Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation (MMRF) Race for Research: Tri-State 5K Walk/Run Raises Over $335,000 for Cancer Research
- 9/11, WTC Responder Health Issues Include Multiple Myeloma
- Multiple Myeloma Cancer Symptoms in Dogs