Apparently, all that task switching breaks down self control claims an article in Men’s Heath. Research sited by the Men’s Health article was conducted by doctor Ryan Hamilton, Ph.D., an assistant professor of marketing at Emory University.
“Not only can shuffling between projects cause angry outbursts or make you less motivated at the gym, it can lead to overeating and bad nutritional choices”, Hamilton said. “Losing your self control can make it more difficult to resist temptation after a busy day at work.”
And then I came across this article about junk food stating that rats would rather starve themselves then eat healthy food after a junk food binge. They literally get addicted to junk food, much like a heroin addicts gets addicted to heroin.
Tips on Staying Focused:
- Do one thing at a time. Turning off the internet, Facebook, the iPhone and other distractions really helps too.
- If one wants to indulge in sweet foods, binge on healthy, good tasting foods, like dates or dried fruit, not junk food
- Weight Loss and Strength Forever
- A New Weight Loss Plan: Taking hCG Injections and 500-cals a Day
- 10 Super-Weird Weight Loss Tips that Work!
- Benefits of Chewing Gum – Weight Loss, Better Memory, Less Stress and more ..
- Kent State University Prof. John Gustad’s Shows Link Between Weight Loss, Memory & Concentration