Did you know that the very first clinical trial was recorded in the Old Testament?
Versus 12 – 15 in the Book of Daniel outlines that King Nebuchadnezzar the second served his prisoners a diet of meat and wine. Daniel however only ate bread and water (not sure why he had the option) but any way, he looked much healthier than the rest of his inmates. The king suspected that his diet may have something to do with his health so he switched his prisoners over to the bread and water diet and indeed, they became healthier.
Many regard this as the very first recorded clinical trial.
- What Should People Consider Before Participating in a Trial? Understanding the Basics of Clinical Trial Studies
- What is a Clinical Trial Protocol? Decoding Study Design, Clinical Trial Plan, and Research Study SOP
- Peregrine Completes Patient Enrollment for Phase 1b HCV/HIV Clinical Trial
- CeNeRx begins clinical trial of CXB909 to prevent nerve damage from chemotherapy
- Type 2 Diabetes Clinical Trial in New York City