Non Small cell lung cancer is the most common type of lung cancer and accounts for almost 30% – 40% of all lung cancers. The cancer usually originates from the central bronchi – the tree branch like air cells in the lungs or the outer edges of the lungs. Non – Small cell lung cancer is further classifies as squamous cell carcinoma, adenocarcinoma, and large cell carcinoma, depending upon the original site of the tumor cells. Non – small cell lung cancers are less fatal and easier to detect. Also, since these cancers spread slowly, preventing the progression of the cancer into metastasizing stage is easier.
However, around 250000 people in the US are diagnosed of lung carcinoma each year, making it a major public health treat. Smoking (primary and secondary) and exposure to environmental pollutants are known to be the major risk factors. Moreover, around 175000 patients die of lung cancer each other. Hence there is a dire necessity of new and improved early diagnostic procedures and better chemotherapy schedules to treat this disease.
Fortunately, more than 185 non cell lung cancer trials are underway in the US. These non-small Cell Lung Cancer clinical trials are being performed and managed in 680 by 565 different clinical trial investigators. Of the 185 non-small cell lung cancer clinical trials, 40 trials are in Phase 1, 80 are in Phase II and 20 are in Phase 3 (the phases represent the different stage in the development of a treatment for a given condition. Learn more about what the different phases of a clinical trial mean and how they differ). There are currently 229 different interventions being investigated in non-small cell lung cancer clinical trials.
Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer clinical trials interventions
Sites/Medical Centers doing Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Clinical Trials
Clinical Trial Investigators for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
List of Clinical Trials for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
- Effectiveness of Interleukin-2 (IL-2) Plus Anti-HIV Therapy in HIV-Positive Patients
- Lipoprotein Metabolism in Normal Volunteers and Patients With High Levels of Lipoproteins
- Studies on Tumors of the Thyroid
- Parasitic Infections of the Gastrointestinal Tract
If you or your friend or family has non-small cell lung cancer, then you may want to find a clinical trial. You can use the non-small cell lung cancer clinical trials tool to find a medical study near you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus Clinical Trials, Investigational Treatments, Researchers and Research Sites
- Metastatic Cancer Clinical Trials, Treatments, Researchers and Medical Centers
- Quick Summary of Brain Tumor Clinical Trials, Research Investigators, Treatments and Sites
- Colorectal Cancer Treatment Clinical Trials, Researchers and Sites
- Summary of Bipolar Disorder Clinical Trials, Treatments, Research Sites and Investigators